Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One Day . . .


So I was waiting for my new day last night and it came. This morning as always Nathan woke up in the best of moods. He crawls over and throws himself on top of me and there is absolutely no personal space between us, but I wouldn't want it any other way. As I lied there this morning I couldn't help but think back on the mornings that we would stay in bed watching t.v, usually old 24's, west wings, or CSI's and daydream about what it would be like once Nathan arrived. We would talk about all the "One day's . . ." that were to come.

Like one day how we would stay in bed watching Saturday morning cartoons with him, or how one day he would run into the room and jump on our bed. I couldn't help but feel a little sad because although Nathan isn't quite running in and jumping on the bed, those days are kinda here. Nathan is here. But it is just the two of us waking up in bed. So this morning I decided to play the "One day . . ." game with him. It was a bittersweet moment and one I will always treasure.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Renee Little said...

One day....our boys will take a trip to the zoo together and know all of the animals by name.

One day....I will be there to watch you fall in love again and make a commitment to a man that will never leave you alone.

One day....Nathan will get an award at school and you will beam with pride as he smiles back at you from the sage.

One day....I will hear Nathan call me auntie Renee.

I like this game! I love you.